Monday, May 21, 2012

Hi Gang,
  For this week's blog, I'd like you each to come up with at least five fully developed ideas for blogs you would like to write. (I know some of you don't want to write any blogs at all, but since you will be writing them, I'd like some input into what you'd find interesting to write about.)  When I say, "fully developed", that means don't just make a list that says:
 1. puppies
 2. fast cars
 3. space monkeys
 4. songs
 5. great food


...what I'll need to see is something like:
  1. What is the first pet you ever received? Describe how you reacted, who chose it for you, and how old you were at the time.
  2. What is your dream car?  Is it fast, is it sporty, is it an old bread truck?  What makes it your dream car?
  3. Why would anyone want to write about space monkeys?  What do you know about monkeys that were sent into space on rockets?  Do you know of any bands that sing about space monkeys?  What would you do with a space monkey of your own?
  4. Post the lyrics of your favorite song and describe the specific meaning the song has in your life.  Please provide the name of the song writers and performers.
  5.  What is great food?  How do you classify food as great or gross?  What foods do you crave?


Please don't copy my ideas word for word (obviously).  You can use the same ideas, I know you all want to write about space monkeys, just give it your own spin as you're developing the topic.  


I will take some of your ideas into account when developing your blog topics for 11th grade, so make them interesting and fun.  You don't have to worry about specifying a word count, I'll take care of that.  Have fun with this.
  Ms. Mott

42 comments:

  1. My pet was a dog, a beagle to specific she is awesome, I was so happy when I first got her. My friend Brandon gave her to me and we will be going hunting with her this coming fall. My dream car is a lambergani , I have always liked these cars since I was a little kid. They are sporty car and really low to the car but always wide making sure if you go fast around the corners that you hug the road and don’t flip over. My hobbys are sports, and lifting weight I always enjoy video game, but not as much as sports or lifting. I love sport because you can very far in life with sports not only that it can potentially get you a career and lots of money to have a good life and put your own kids through college. I do not have a favorite song, but as of right now I do have a song I listen to a lot. The song I picked is called sail by awolnation this song has not much in it just a hard beat and gets me motavated in the morning to run and in the afternoon to lift weights. My favorite food would have to be Chinese food I don’t know why, but I love Chinese food. When I lived with her me and her would set on the coach and watch t.v all night while eating it. I always love to drink arazonia ice tea when I eat chinses food. Marcus shaver

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcus,
    I'm glad you answered all of my questions; you gave me lots of detail and I like knowing a bit more about you before we talk about airplane crashes. The assignment was to give me ideas for blogs for next year. Since you answered all of these thoroughly, I'll give you credit for this week. Please be careful next year to read the assignment carefully. Thanks..
    Ms.Mott

    ReplyDelete
  3. ****NOTE TO EVERYONE*****

    Please read the blog assignment carefully... you aren't answering my questions, you're supposed to give me five complete topics for future blogs. No one else will receive credit for answering the questions.. Marcus is the fortunate one this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) Who was your first best friend? How did you become friends? How long did you stay friends?

    2) What are your plans and goals after high school? How will you achieve them?

    3) How do you think your senior year will be? Will you stay connected with your friends after school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Haley,
      I will come back and check next week, but right now with just three (very good, I might add) questions, the best grade you can receive is a 60. Please add a couple more questions for full credit. Thanks.
      Ms. Mott

      Delete
  5. 1.One blog we should do next year is free-write. We can write about anything we want. This will allow students to express their thoughts on different things that they have on their mind.
    2.Another blog we should do is what we plan to do when we graduate high school. Do you plan on going to college? Do you want to get married and start a family? What occupation do you want to be?
    3.What was your favorite grade in elementary school? Why? How about middle/high school? Why?
    4.What are some ideas for books to read in class? What is the book about? Why do you like it and why should we read it?
    5.What would your dream life be like? What would your house look like? Would you have a family? What kind of car would you have? What would you do for a living? Be creative!

    ~Rachel Grausgruber~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel,
      I used to do a free write and quite honestly, it was a disaster. I'm willing to give it another try though...perhaps we'll be pleasantly surprised by the results. You have done an excellent job on this one. Thanks!
      Ms. Mott

      Delete
  6. 1. What is your favorite thing to do on weekends? Why is it your favorite thing to do?
    2. What do you picture your future will turn out like? Why do you think it turns out this way?
    3. What is your favorite hobby where do you do this at why do you do it?
    4. What do you think your junior year is going to turn out like?
    5. What are your goals for this year why are they you goals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short and to the point, Shawn...pretty good job!
      Ms. Mott

      Delete
    2. Short and to the point, Shawn...I like it. Thanks!
      Ms. Mott

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Who is Mao Zedong? Do you like him? Do you agree with his methods of conquering?
    2. If you were stuck on and island, who would be the one person you would want to have with you? What would you two do on the island? Would you try to be rescued or just have fun?
    3. What is your favorite juice drink? Why is this your favorite drink? Do you have it all the time?
    4. What would be a subject that you would want to write about in a blog post? Give at least five examples. Why would you want to write about these things?
    5. If the world was going to end what would you do? Would you try to survive it, or blow all your money and literally have the time of your life?

    -Jason Lobdell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...nothing more to say....watch for some of these next year everyone...and be sure to than Jason!
      Ms. Mott

      Delete
    2. Jason.

      These questions are amazing and you just blew my mind. The what would you do if the world was going to end, question was pretty good and I would just have the time of my life. I hope to see more posts like this.

      Dan Koch

      Delete
  9. 1) What is one thing you would like to do before you die? Why do you want to do this? Do you actually think you will achieve this goal?

    2) Who is your favorite super hero? Would you like to be this super hero or your own super hero? What kind of powers would you have?

    3) What are your plans for senior year? What are your plans for college? Do you think you will keep in touch with your friends after high school?

    4) What is your favorite thing to do outside of school? Are you good at it? Why do you do it?

    5) What is your favorite sport? Why do you play or like this sport? Do you consider yourself good at this sport?

    ~Matt Mills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Tombasco is going to want to do the superhero blog, Matt. I like each of your topics.
      Ms. Mott

      Delete
    2. Mathew i enjoyed your blog, i liked the questions you stated i think they are good question to have answers for when you fanily graduate.

      Delete
    3. Very nice ideas, I like the first one especially. I hope we eventually do that idea. 

      Delete
  10. What is your favorite band? Why are they your favorite and what do they mean to you? Talk about your favorite songs and meanings behind them.

    If you could be a super hero, who would you be? If you don’t want to be a specific super hero, what super power would you want?

    Discuss a dream you had recently. What was it about? What made it different from the real world? What do you think it meant?

    If you could live in a different time period, what would it be? Why did you pick this time period? What would your day look like and what would you want to do?

    Imagine you are the ruler of a nation of your creation. You decide what resources are in your nation and what they landscape is like. How would set up you government, its economic system, and what would the culture be like?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What can give you that extra drive to achieve? Is there a specific song that can push you that extra five feet?

    What mistakes have you been through that have changed your lives? What have you gotten out of those mistakes.

    What is your hobbies?

    Have you ever lost something that you have cared for greatly? Or anyone that you are closed to?

    What situation have you been in where you are shocked and froze up?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What would be your dream superpower?

    who do you look up to and why?

    What war would you think is the worst in the history in America?

    Where will you want to live in the future?

    What's your worst fear, and why?

    -Diedra

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. What is your favorite pet and why?
    2. What would be your dream vacation? Where would you go, and what would you do there?
    3. What would be your favorite car/ truck, and where would you go to?
    4. If you were out by a lake and didn’t have a fishing pole how would you get the fish?
    5. If you were stuck on the side of a road and didn’t have a phone, and there were no houses, what would you do?

    Kenny Cornwell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blog post ideas for next year:
    1. How was you summer? What was your favorite day out of the summer and what did you do on that day? Was this one of your better summers or did you have more fun in previous summers? Why?

    2. What do you want your future to look like? What do you plan on doing after high school? Are you going to attend college? Where would you like to go to college? Do you want pets? Do you want to start a family?

    3. Who is your role model? Why do you look up to this person? Are they a friend, or a family member?

    4. If you could be any celebrity who would it be? Why would it be this person? How would you become this person?

    5. Who is your best friend? Are they actually a best friend? Can you trust them with everything? Are they al always there for you? How long were you friends and how did you meet?
    -Kaitlyn Wingerter

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have many topics that I would like to write a blog about. Here is a list of the top five:

    1)What is your favorite type of music? Give details about why you like it. Do you love the beat, the lyrics, the instruments used, etc.? Include your favorite song and what it means to you?
    2)Talk about your best friend. Include adventures you have shared. Talk about your ups and downs. Why are the two of you so compatible?
    3)What would you like to be when you grow up? Why do you think you would be capable of that occupation? What do you need to improve on in order to prepare yourself for that job?
    4)Imagine you are a super hero. Which of your traits would be intensified? For example, would you be super strong, a super genius, or extremely flexible? What would your weapon be? You can also write about one of your rescue missions that you would go on.
    5)Imagine you have a long weekend and go on a road trip. Name four friends you would take with you. Where would you go and what would you do?

    -Kyley Vandermark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyley,

      You explained each question well. I would definitely write about these next year. They are very good topics. Great job! :)

      ~Rachel Grausgruber

      Delete
    2. Kyley, I liked your ideas, they seemed very interesting to me.

      -Diedra

      Delete
    3. Kyley, I liked all of your five ideas. They all would be fun to write about.
      `Marcos

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Next year I would like to talk and discuss many things in our blogs. Here are five ideas that I would like to have and blog about.

    1. What is your favorite sport? There are many athletes and I know in Deposit. I would like to write about my favorite sport.
    2. If you had a choice of any superpower what would it be? How would you use that power?
    3. If you had one day to relive, what day would it be? What made that day so special?
    4. What do you fear most? Could you get over that fear someday? How does it influence your daily life and actions?
    5. What do you picture yourself as in the future? How are you going to achieve these goals?
    _Marcos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your ideas, nice job. :)

      Delete
    2. Marcos, you have very good ideas I think we should use some of them very nice.

      Delete
    3. I really like your blog ideas Marcos! I think the third one could be really interesting. I bet a lot of people could get really into that one. All of your ideas should definitely get used next year!
      -Kyley Vandermark

      Delete
  18. 1)Who is your hero and why do you look up to them? What have they done for you that make them your heroic figure?

    2)What is your dream vacation? Where would you want to go and why would you wan to go there?

    3)How do you plan for your junior year to plan out?

    4)Who is your best friend? What is the meaning of a best friend to you?

    5)What was your first pet? Were they a gift?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Natalia,
    I liked your five ideas. I would definitely want to write about them. Good job!

    -Jason Lobdell

    ReplyDelete
  20. 1. Your favorite song- Why is it your favorite? What’s the meaning of the song? What does it mean to you? What’s your favorite lyric in this song?

    2. Your dream place- What’s it like? Where is it? What makes it so good? Who would be there with you? What would you do while you’re there?

    3. Your favorite color-Why is it your favorite? What does it symbolize? What’s the “feeling” of this color? How long have you liked the color?

    4. Dream job-what’s your dream job? Why is it your dream job? How much would you want to get paid? (reasonable amount) How many co-workers would be there? How long are the hours?(reasonable time)

    5. Biggest question- What’s the one biggest question you want answered? What do you think might be the answer? How’s it significant to you? What do you hope the answer is?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jason I liked your five ideas, they were all great. I especially liked the one about Mao Zedong.

    ~Matt Mills

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kaitlyn, I liked all five of your ideas and I think they are good topics to write about next year. Nice job!

    -Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Natalia and Marcos,

    I liked both of your ideas. I couldn't find myself not thinking about every question both of you had. I liked all five ideas that both of you came up with. Very well-thought and good topics.

    Bevis :P

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Natalia, I like your ideas. I think that I would enjoy writing about them. They sound interesting. I like the second one the best. Nicely done.
    -Kaitlyn Wingerter(:

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.